The Oekoenergie-Cluster (OEC) is the network of green energy businesses in Upper Austria.
Renewable energy, energy efficiency
> 1.9 billion Euros
Upper Austria is a model region in the fields of renewable energy and energy efficiency. To further improve the opportunities for companies that are active in these sectors, and to strengthen their worldwide leading positions, the regional government of Upper Austria decided in 1999 to create a network of green energy businesses - the Oekoenergie-Cluster (OEC).
The economic department of the Upper Austrian government entrusted the OÖ Energiesparverband with managing the business cluster.
The main objective of the Oekoenergie-Cluster is to support renewable energy and energy efficiency businesses in the fields of innovation and competitiveness, contributing to the positive market development in sustainable energy production and use.
The cluster partners are companies and organisations in Upper Austria which produce technologies in the areas of renewable energy use and energy efficiency, or act as suppliers on different production and service levels.
The OEC also contributes to fostering Upper Austria's top position as an exemplary region in the fields of renewable energy and energy efficiency. 34% of the region's primary energy consumption is produced from renewable energy sources, and the energy demand for new homes has been halved since 2002.
In 2006, the OEC was declared the best cluster in Europe by the EU Commission and received the "European Cluster Award".
Main focal points
Information and communication
- Information hub within the cluster and externally
- Point of contact and support. (e.g. for joint projects, questions relating to subsidies, when looking for new staff or planning and implementing R&D activities)
- Presentation of the cluster partners' and the OEC's products and services
- Comprehensive training and qualification range
- Job platform
Cooperation and technology focus
- Initiation of and support to regional, national and international cooperation projects between OEC partner companies, technology transfer institutions (e.g. universities, research institutes) and other networks
Research and development
- Initiation of and support to research projects of OEC partners, with the support of the Upper Austrian Government's "Energy Technology Programme" (ETP) or other support tools
- Supporting the international development of OEC partners (e.g. organisation of export tours to relevant markets, the presentation of the Oekoenergie-Cluster at international level, joint booths on specialised trade shows, networking with energy agencies in other countries, focused activities in markets abroad to increase the export rate)
- Positioning of the OEC in Austria and abroad
Marketing and PR
- Production of information materials on green energy and energy efficiency
- Press and media work, public relations